Our March theme is Stealth Giving. We have all experienced the thrill and joy of giving anonymously. We seem to be able to disconnect from expectations from giving when we aren't able to see the reaction of the one that received the gift.. I think this is a great practice for us. Soon all gifts will be given without any expectations.
I have included a list of ideas. When you pick a give that you would like to do, just attach a free29 Gifts Note Card to the gift (unsigned, of course) and be stealthy and have fun..
Here are 29 ideas for Stealthy Giving from our Welcome Team Volunteers
1. Make up the cards ahead and carry a few in your purse. Put happy messages on them.. Leave in the restrooms or tables at restaurants
2. Get a bouquet of fresh flowers and put the tags on them and leave in the hospital waiting room~
3. Pick up some candles maybe in little bags and tie the 29 Gifts ribbon and card to them. Put a few in your purse and drop them in random places~
4. Pick up some coloring books with small packets of crayons and tape them together with the tags and drop at the dentist’s office! All of this you can get at the Dollar Tree or similar stores that will cost little money and bring much happiness!
5. Leave coupons for item on the shelves at the grocery store for someone to find.
6. Leave a note on someone's porch to tell them their decorations are so lovely.
7. An old true favorite - pay the ticket for the car behind you in a fast food drive-thru and ask the server to hand them the note card.
8. On garbage pickup day, return your neighbors' trashbins back to the side of their house (after they've been emptied, of course...heh-heh).
9. Have extra magazines? Instead of taking them from a waiting room, leave them a few. Bet that's rarely been done!
10. Leave a giftcard on your mail carrier's car with a note thanking them for delivering our mail in rain, sleet or snow.
11. Note the name of a helpful employee in a store or restaurant and call the store's corporate office with a compliment.
12. Donate blood.
13. Mail a gift to someone you are thankful for, leaving off the return address.
14. Take a cue from The Toy Society and drop handmade toys in public places with a card that says, "Please Take Me Home" and include both 29 Gifts Cards and The Toy Society printed cards. .
15. At your local coffee shop: leave several $5 giftcards and note cards with the staff to each hand out to those they choose after you leave. That way, they all get to participate, too, like the servers at restaurants & drive-thrus. They get such a kick out of being involved in the stealth maneuvers! I like to think of it as their "pre-initiation" into 29 Gifts
16. Leave a Most Beautiful Yard of the Month card on their door
17. Leave treats with cards for unsuspecting coworkers.
18. Leave 29 Gifts bookmarks at the library desk.
19. Send anonymous Gift to a teacher-leave it in the office
20. Place a card with a nice note under a windshield wiper
21. Leave a gift basket on a doorstep
22. Weed a neighbor’s garden while they are away and leave a card
23. Place a used child's bike in a place it will be found by a needy child. Be sure to leave a card.
24. Leave a new Teddy Bear with a card in a Doctor's office
25. Buy a bag of birdseed and set it next to a neighbor’s birdfeeder with a card
26. Send care packages to a nursing home
27. Donate books to a school, day care center or hospital
28. Consider donations for the Tornado and Flood Victims. Red Cross and Salvation Army are taking donations. Your donations will make a difference in the lives of these victims. Please share any other links or ideas that will help those who have been affected by severe weather.
29. Be a Silent Angel. Read Veronica Hay's post on this wonderful stealth gift and join in.
Please share with us your experiences or ideas on different stealth gives.
Again, here is the link to our free 29 Gifts Note Card you can use (unsigned, of course) to be stealthy with your gifts AND spread the 29 Gifts Movement to help inspire others to give. HAVE FUN!
Love it....am printing this list out and going to do it! I love being sneaky...hehe....
LOL, somehow I just believe that of you Lois. Have fun, be sure to check out number 29
You know me soooo well, Elly Rose, hehehe!! I loved number 29.....an awesome newsletter!
This is GREAT! I'm so inspired now to do another round! In any case, I'm going to print these ideas out because there fantastic inpsiration for giving - whether participating in a round of 29 Gifts or just on a whim. After all, who ever needs a reason to give? It's always a good day for it! <3
This is a fantastic list, totally inspiring. Definitely printing it and will try to do them all! (((HUG)))
I had a chance to do two of these yesterday! So fun..
What a great idea, ooh I LOVE this...(it's like a NICE game of "DING DONG DITCH") Right now I'm sidelined at home with a horrible tummy bug (since Saturday) so there will be a delay on my end...
...however I did this last month for a friend of mine who'd had some same day surgery & was home recuperating. Went to the grocery store & bought: store made soup, a small round baguette, bag of ready to heat green beans, a heat & eat Mac & Cheese, a box of "handpicked (by me LOL)" store made cookies & added those, a store made chocolate mousse, applesauce, a little bath sachet, a card. Left the bag on her doorstep & rang the bell. Her dog went nuts. I was a little unnerved actually from my hiding place in my car down the street, b/c she didn't come out but I figured she was napping. I returned to work. A few hours later she called to thank me & said that her sister had taken her out for a drive & when they returned home they found the surprise. She was really thrilled. It will be nice to see what PPL come up with for these stealth gives Can't wait to read them!
LOVE U GUYZ please send me healing energy when U think of it...xoxo bless U my friends
PS edited for spelling LOL
I will add you to my Reiki list and send you energy for a week, get better. I love the gift you gave. I know it made a difference for your friend.
I will, Donna. Take care honey. We love you! xoxo
I have started writing fun and inspirational messages in chalk on the sidewalk of the park behind my house. I sneak out either very early or after dark so no one sees me. I'm thinking about doing it on the sidewalk near the school bus stop so the kids get some positive messages after Spring break.
I love the sidewalk art that you do Lynn, what a great gift to so many.