Day 17 - self-giving
1. Took myself to church to receive spiritual nourishment
2. Sought emotional help for myself
3. Gave my son encouragement
4. Shared photos with a neighbor
1. Offered kind and encouraging words to another mother
2. Expressed gratitude to my husband
3. Wrote to recreation program director to encourage improvement of a parent/toddler program. Included compliments for high points, ideas for change, reasons why the program is important and offered to help with endeavor. (a give for families in my town, not just my family)
4. Bought new music for my kids to enjoy
1. Sought emotional help for myself (self-give)
2. Listened to and gave compassion to another struggling mother
3. Called a grieving friend
4. Called another friend to express gratitude and affection
I do this every day and just realized I could think of it as a give:
I turn on my porch light every evening and leave it on all night to make my street brighter, happier, safer for everyone.
PS - I've been pretty low for the last couple weeks. Right now I'm mostly focusing on what it is that I've done that was giving. When I'm feeling better soon I look forward to actively creating and seeking out giving opportunities.