Today I tried to be aware of small things that I could do since money is tight (I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling the pinch of the pennies...). Some of the small things included:
* Delivered a check to an employee at a different location so he wouldn't have to go out of his way to collect his money.
* Posted in the 29Gifts.org forum and on WishUponaHero.com regarding the Devin Stimpson Memorial Fund with hopes that people will see their story and feel compelled to help in whatever way they feel necessary.
* Asked a friend I haven't seen in awhile to join me for a free comedy show this evening (midnight! Past my bedtime, but should be a fun girl's time out)
* Complimented an elderly man on his beautifully landscaped lawn
* Put post-it notes on my co-workers computers letting them know that they were missed while they were out of the office today.
I like doing these small things. Even though it doesn't cost me any money, it makes me feel good and I hope makes others feel good too. And it really didn't even take me very much time to accomplish them!