This morning I awoke with more vim and vigor than I have in the past year. Most mornings I feel as though I am walking through wet cement in the middle of thick swamp fog. I think today's improvement is a combination of this commitment to giving and the modification to my treatment. Whatever it is...I LIKE it:)
Last year, before my illness hit me, I was working out in the gym at least 3 times a week and was like the energizer bunny mom. Many things have changed for my kids, ages 3 and 10 but most of all just the mom they knew. I know it is scary for them to have seen me in the hospital so many times. They have been so brave and loving through this all but since I was feeling so well, I wanted today to be about them. Today I give with a child's heart, today I give with a child's heart, today I give with a child's heart.
What I did for my kids today:
1. I let my oldest stay home from school and bought him a new video game.
2. I took the kids to Toys R Us and Taco Bell for lunch (we have been eating very healthy at home lately so this was a huge treat).
3. We added on $2 to our bill to support Autism research and the kids each received a sticker to proudly wear.
4. I let them pull out all of the really loud games and played with them, you know Whac-A-Mole, Hungry-Hungry-Hippo, I even let them jump on and pop the bubble wrap.
5. We had a dance party in the living room.
6. We had dinner on a blanket on the living room floor and called it a picnic. I let them pick what they wanted for dinner so we had Steak, Crab Legs with Butter, French Fries, Broccoli, and M&M's and Rolo's for Desert.
7. We ordered a movie on TV and stayed up past bed time cuddling on the couch with a big sleeping bag and a bowl of popcorn.
8. I spent extra time reading and praying with each of my children and sent them off for a long night of sweet comfortable dreams.
What a great day, I got to be a kid again too! May all of you enjoy the peace and joy of blissful innocence.