I am actually at day 29 today-I didn't realize it. I have to confess that I have not been so mindful of this the last nine days though it is always at the back of my mind now-the idea of giving.
I was distracted this time by my birthday coming up.
So here it is as well as I can remember:
20. Does this count? I bought beautiful paper lanterns and glass colored balls for citronella oil to make my birthday party magical and fun. A gift for me and my guests and for my kids who loved helping decorate and then just being in the magical space it created.
21. Went to see my daughter's play at her arts camp. This was a wonderful way to support and show her my appreciation and again was a gift for me.
22. Gave money and thank you cards to my daughter's camp counselors on the last day.
23. My birthday party-gave angels to all the guests in which they could write messages of their wish and dream for the year and then they wrote messages for me. My husband made wonderful food.
24.Took a friend's son with us for a few hours when my daughter wanted to have a playdate with him and my friend needed a break.
25.Called my nephew for his birthday and sent him what he wanted-iTunes gift card.
26. Took my kids to the beach, went to the Nature center there and got them a lovely dinner. This was a gift for all of us.
27.Took myself to the gym, really needed this.
28. Made a painting/collage for my sister's birthday with images from our childhood and brought leftover food from my party to a dinner with both of my sisters.
29. Took a different friend's son for an hour to the playground, a friend of my son, after they took my kids for a couple hours.
Somehow I thought this would be different. I had all sorts of plans of buying gift cards and distributing them to strangers etc, but somehow life got away with me and the 29 days are over. But I did see how much giving is integrated in to my daily life. I guess that is such a part of being a parent.
Thanks for this opportunity!!