I have to make another list because life is getting beyond me!
What I have given
- I installed Google's Chrome for a Causeextension so that I can donate to people in need every time I open a tab. The first day I donated to help people get clean water. If you haven't seen the documentary Crude: The Real Price of Oil, I highly recommend it. It's about how Texaco's now defunct oil pits are polluting the Ecuadorian water supply (due to improper and illegal clean up) of people in small villages who are getting cancer that they can't afford to get treated. So, I hope some of the donations go to them. The second day I donated to making shelters for homeless people. My town has a real bad homeless problem, so I see people who are hungry and cold and have no home to go to every day, so this is important to me.
- My girlfriend likes canned soup, but I hate it, so I don't usually buy it. I always think, "But I could make a whole bucket of soup for this price!" The problem is that I can't can my soup so that it's available when she needs it, so this time, I got some canned soup for her.
- Right now my girlfriend is on a walk, which always makes her very hungry. She get's REAL grumpy when she's hungry, so I'm off to the kitchen right now to make homemade spaghetti sauce to put over fresh angel pasta. That way, she can avoid her low-blood-sugar-times-of-being-upset-at-the-world. OK, I admit it, this is a gift to her AND to me...;-)
What I have recieved
- I have received the feeling that I lead a charmed life. ;-) This is quite a big deal considering my health and the limitations it's caused in my life. For a LONG time I thought I would never truly be happy again unless I got cured from Lyme. Not true! I am truly happy.
- The other day my girlfriend brought me home a treat of this delicious Coconut Juice. Mmmmmm!
- A friend forgave me for forgetting to do something I said I would do.
- I got to spend ALL DAY yesterday at home with my girlfriend playing Mah Jong and watching Stephen Colbert while we ate yummy homemade cranberry bread with soy ice cream.
- The biggest gift of all that I have received ever. I had a phone consultation with my Lyme Literate MD where we talked about my mold sensitivity. Even though I have weather stripped the doors as thoroughly as I can, some mold from the garden outside is getting into my home. Probably it's only like one spore per hour getting in, but that's enough to give me the worst headache you can imagine, just splitting. I have tried probably 100 different remedies over the last 6 years to help with an acute exposure. NOTHING helped. Not even a smidge. It hurts so bad it makes me want to rip my head off. My doc prescribed me Nasal Spray Glutathione and said that it should help during an acute exposure, but for some people it just doesn't work, or makes them feel worse! Well, with my lack of luck, I really worried that it would not work for me. My gift is that this stuff is a miracle. It makes my headache and sinus infection go away within 10 minutes during an acute expsoure! What's more, it seems to help me long-term. There is still mold getting into my home, but I only have to spray once a day. Whoa! Whoooooooooa! I really can't express what an amazing gift this is to me. I can only say that it's mold season, and instead of laying in bed writhing with pain, I am up and about, doing dishes and cooking while I shake my booty to the tunes of the 80's...;-)