Day Two (10/26/12):
* Had to get on the phone for 2 hours or so RE 3 interconnected insurance matters & I committed to being cheerful with a "We're All on the Same Side" attitude (instead of Big Sigh 'you stupid people with your stupid system making it so complicated'.... etc). I don't think any of us really wants to live or work in a complicated system, but that's what we seem to have & on a good day my best thinking is that we just have to do the best to help each other through.
* Made another $5 charity donation at the grocery store to the food bank... you walk in the store & by the carts they have this stack of boxes that are written up as a $5 or $10 donation to the bank & you put it in the cart & the checker scans it with the rest of your groceries & then they save the box out of your groceries to put back in the stack at the front.
3 things I am grateful for this day:
* Again--Hot shower & heat in my house. Very cold tonight & I was getting very chilled in my car because the dashboard blower doesn't work consistently (mechanic can't find the problem... maybe it's just time for another opinion), so there was no heat in my car. So happy to get home & settled & warmed up.
* The peace of actually being able to find at times some real relaxation with no Worry. I have $ in the bank for today & the short-term, and so for the moment... to just lay in bed a little longer than usual & practice feeling happy, not rushed, letting go of the feelings of need to hurry up & go somewhere, do something, just lay there and pray or meditate or just feel happy... we just don't have that time too often in our lives & I am savoring it for the moment. I really do think the experience is "practice" of a new skill I really haven't had in the past because it's just too easy to let the mind steer towards Worry instead of letting it Be when, really, all is fine for today... at least I prefer to call it "practice" (rather than "lazy" :-) !!!!) when I'm laying in bed pretty late these 2 mornings in a row snuggled in & happy.
* I found the remote control to my TV! It's been lost a few weeks, and the way it's all set up, I couldn't turn on the TV without it. I don't watch that much but it's nice to have the option to connect with the outside world if I want.
Day One (10/25/12)
Yep, looks like I'm back. Today I opened up a DVD cover to put the DVD in & take it back to the library (after 3 renewals!)... and there inside the cover was a "You are A Gift" bookmark from this site that I'd stuck in there already when I 1st checked it out, so that it could be in there as a gift to the next person who checks out the DVD.
So I'm taking that as my signal to start back up again.
* Returned that DVD to the library & gave the bookmark to whoever chooses to take it out
Intentions for this Round (pretty much the same as last round)---keeping it simple but keeping myself out there:
* To remember others every day in this phase of my life right now instead of contracting into MeMeMeMeMeMe. For now, I am free--if I can--to consider this time of joblessness as a real Gift rather than a Worry & I want to keep focused on the good here & all that I *do* already have and can share *right now* instead of wondering every day what I'll be doing 'later" & when/how/where it will come about blah blah blah WorryWorryWorry.
* To stay part of this wonderful positive community--welcoming newcomers & supporting those who continue on past the 29 Days. I consider this giving to have become a spiritual practice in a way & this is where I come to talk about that... and where else in the world am I supported to do this Giving *every day*? It's a wonderful & rare thing in my world... maybe I need to question why that is or how I could expand that support in my world.
* To stay focused on what I want to Be & Contribute every day instead of wondering what I'm going to Do
* Gratitude, Gratitude, Gratitude. Recently I was confronted with the challenge of taking that principle even one step further with the idea of *being* gratitude rather than waiting for an outside event to cause it... living gratitude every day for all that's already in front of us, instead of waiting for something "else" (new) to happen to *get* grateful for. It's a stretch but I'm playing with it.
What I am Grateful for today: This community & all who are posting their blogs (and for Deb & Lois, who always find something encouraging to say, every day, to everyone, no matter what!).
Big Hug & Happy Giving--