In the wake of hurricane Sandy and all the sorrow that people face throughout the world, I want to thank all the wonderful people who are working everyday to make this world a better, happier, safer place.
People so often forget our unsung heroes. Let's take a moment to thank some of them today.
- Thank you to all the First Responders who often put their lives in danger to protect and/or save the lives of others.
- Thank you to our Military men and women and their families who sacrifice so much to protect our freedom and way of life.
- Thank you to our teachers who shape our children’s futures and help us all to learn and grow.
- Thank you to the loving parents who nurture their children and help them become the good citizens of tomorrow.
- Thank you to all the nurses and nurses’ aides and entertainment directors who work in our hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities and doctor offices. You give so much to the residents and patients in helping them and caring for them.
- Thank you for the doctors who work tirelessly in keeping people well.
- Thank you to the garbage men who week after week keep our towns clean
- Thank you to the postal carriers who deliver our mail in all types of weather.
- Thank you to our truck drivers who deliver goods to stores. If it was not for you we would not have food on the table or clothes to wear.
- Thank you to the clerks and sales people in all our stores who stand on their feet and smile all day to help us fill our wants and needs
- Thank you to all the behind the scene workers who do so much to make our lives run smoothly.
- Thank you to all the volunteers who work tirelessly and selflessly to help others.
Although it would be impossible to name all of the multitudes I am grateful for, I want you to know that each and every one of you who are striving day by day to make this world a better place are my HEROES. May God Bless you all and keep you safe from all harm.
(This list is adapted from a letter Dorothy Glinski wrote to the editor of her newspaper http://republicanherald.com/opinion/letters/words-of-thanks-for-uns...) -- because she expresses my heartfelt feelings in such a beautiful way.)