(For those who didn't see the earlier installments, Toni is a doll I am dressing - she will be donated to a child who might otherwise not receive a holiday gift).
I made a muslin from the pattern today - the pattern was intended for an 18" doll, and Toni is 16.5" so I needed to adjust it a bit. For those who don't sew, a muslin is like a rough draft, made from cheap fabric (ie, muslin) so the expensive fabric isn't cut and ruined if the dress fit is wrong.
Here she is in her muslin:
It's not exactly how it will look - I didn't bother finishing the hems, the gathers aren't done nicely (they're quick box pleats, here), it's before deciding what needed to be altered, and the actual dress won't have pattern marks drawn on it. ;) The general cut is the same. But that's all I needed to know how to change the pattern so it's good. :)
Also my birthday is in November (end of the month) so I borrowed an idea from a friend - I am wearing my birthday hairwreath (the rare thing that I made for myself) every day of November, and taking pictures when inspired to do so. So here is me, day 1 (we got out to do a little shopping and I took this in the car).